Monday, February 28, 2005

Enemy of Mankind

Why, oh why, is it impossible for us to do all of our grocery shopping in all of one place? I live within walking distance of both a Trader Joe's and a Stop 'N' Shop. The produce and refrigerator section at TJ's, I've discovered, is not reliable, and 95% of the stock at SNS is loaded with high fructose corn syrup and other unnatural chemicals.

I was shopping at SNS this afternoon, and I passed the peanut butter, which reminded me that I needed to get some. I usually get the all natural peanut butter at TJ's, but in my laziness, I didn't want to make two stops. So I perused the selection at SNS. I settled on Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter, with 25% less fat. This stuff is EVIL. It neither tastes like peanut, nor is it creamy. What they took away in fat, they replaced with loads of sugar and corn syrup, masking whatever peanuty taste that used to exist in the product. There's so much sugar that the texture is almost grainy, making me think of that jar of honey that sits too long in one's cupboard.

Culinary recommendation of the day:

AVOID Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter.

I'm going back to Natural.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players