Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Near cardiac arrest

I received this pleasant e-mail from my school's registrar a couple of days ago:

Dear Michael,

I am in the process of certifying students for graduation. In reviewing your schedule I see that you currently do not have enough credits to graduate. You are (4) weeks short. Before I can notify the Charles River Campus of your eligibility you need to add these final weeks. Once this has been done I will change your record so you can update your graduation information. If you are having difficulty or are planning on not graduating in May please let me know

After a temporary loss of vision, I picked myself from the floor and sent this reply:
There must be a mistake - were my resesarch credits included in the
calculation? I should have one 6-week block of research included in
there per agreement with the MD/PhD program. By my count I should be 2
weeks over the requirement.
Translation:
I spent FIVE freaking years in graduate school purgatory, and you want to quibble over: FOUR. FREAKING. WEEKS?!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Her reply:
Whoops.
*******

Ain't nothing stopping this train from reaching Graduation Station, BABY!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger An Adversary said...

My guts clenched up just reading this post. I still have anxiety dreams about not graduating, and I haven't been in school in almost seven years. Ugh!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players