Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Interview Trail Stop #12: Chicago, Illinois


Bird's eye Chicago, 3
Originally uploaded by ironchefmike.
My third visit to Chicago, the "Second City". The previous visit to Chicago had a little weirdness going on. This time, the trip gets off to a bad start - I'm flying to Chicago with a stopover in Atlanta - however, due to weather conditions, my flight is delayed. I'm scheduled to arrive in Atlanta 25 minutes prior to boarding time for the flight to Chicago. Assuming 100% efficiency by the airline, I should make it on time - the voice in the back of my head is telling me to look for other options - and I do - there's another airline with a direct flight to Chicago, only two-and-a-half hours of travel time as opposed to the five I'll be spending on the indirect option. As I debate whether to purchase the ticket, my internet connection in the airport dies. If I want to purchase that ticket, I'm going to have to cancel my reservation, ask for the return of my checked luggage, then get on a shuttle to a different terminal, and then purchase the new ticket. Again - my travel-fu stinks, so I stick with my current option. Our flight boards late - we taxi to the runway, it seems, endlessly, and we finally take off two hours late. Thankfully, I make it to Atlanta just as they're making the last call for boarding for the Chicago flight. I arrive at my hotel at one o'clock in the morning. Oy.

I head into this interview with only five hours of sleep, almost no confidence, and a raging headache.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players