Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Interview Trail Stop #8: Burlington, Massachusetts

Again, no photo for this stop a mere 25 minutes outside of Boston. I suppose I could have tried a little harder, but the only images that one can conjure up when one thinks of Burlington, Massachusetts is that of mall plazas - the ones that have a Mom & Pop Donut Shop and a cheap Chinese Eatery with a really crappy sign. I get excited about Burlington the way Wayne and Garth get excited about Delaware. Still, my interview is at the same hospital where I did my gynecology rotation, which wasn't altogether unpleasant. In a half-hearted effort to stay in the general Boston area, I applied here.

One thing I'm certain of, wherever I go, is that I plan on not living too close to the program where I will be a resident, most likely for the following reasons:
  1. Where there are hospitals there are ambulances. Ambulances with sirens. Sirens that wake Mikey up at night. In a profession where sleepy time is a commodity, that is an utter no-no.
  2. I think I have this principle thing about living too close to where I work. I don't know why, but it probably has something to do with maintaining a healthy distance between work and whatever it is I do at home.
  3. Ever notice that hospitals associated with universities usually seem to be located in the seedier parts of town?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players