Friday, December 22, 2006

Interview Trail Stop #6: Worcester, Massachusetts

Worcester (pronounced WOO-stah. WOO-STAH!!!!!) is the third-largest city in Massachusetts - I'm not sure who the second-largest is, but I'm assuming it is Springfield that has taken over that spot. Worcester has an interesting history:
  • the first liquid fuel rocket launching, by Robert Goddard, the father of modern rocketry.
  • the first radio station to play a Beatles song in the United States
  • the first ballpoint pen and first typewriter were invented in Worcester, Massachusetts
And several other firsts that I really don't care to repeat here. Lake Quinsigamond, pictured above, is a stone's throw away from the hospital. Perhaps it's because I have to wake up at such an early hour to make the drive out to Worcester, but I think I'm starting to hit interview burnout - seven interviews in 16 days is a relatively decent pace, I think.

Thoughts about this program here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players