Saturday, December 16, 2006

Interview Trail Stop #4b: Chicago, Illinois


Underneath the Chicago L
Originally uploaded by ironchefmike.
Like many large cities, Chicago is one of those that has many things to do. And if you live there, you haven't done too many of them - perhaps you're just too busy with your working life or you just want to avoid as many tourists as possible. Most likely you've just been there too long and have started taking them for granted. I've been in Boston for ten years now and have yet to go on a Duck Tour. I've never seen the reenactment of the Boston Tea Party. I walked about one-eighth the distance along the Freedom Trail before I got distracted by I-can't-remember-what. Anyway, I imagine that whichever city I end up living in, I'll need to do most of those cool touristy things early on before it all becomes really uncool. Like 'The Untouchables Tour.' This looks so touristy it makes me want to vomit, but there's no way I'm not going on that tour sometime in my life. The picture to the left is the underbelly of the Chicago train system, aka the 'L' because it's 'eLevated', get it?

Impressions of my second Chicago residency program here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players