Thursday, August 11, 2005

Title This

Announcement: Name Mikey's Blog Contest!!!

Well, soon the name of this blog will be old/outdated. Mikey's Lab Blog will no longer be relevant because Mikey will no longer be in the lab. Mikey will go from being one person's lackey to the lackey of a larger group of people: surgeons, internists, gynecologists, psychiatrists, and whatnot. The main subject matter will remain the same: ME. And I'm embarking on another upward journey, leaving the familiar realm of the research lab and entering the unfamiliar, scary world of clinical medicine. I'm starting from square one - I remember only a fraction of what I learned in the first two years of medical school, I haven't taken a history or performed a physical exam in over five years now. It should be an interesting time, I hope you find it entertaining.

However, I'm having trouble settling on a name for the blog. So, I'm taking suggestions for what this blog should be named. Some thoughts:
  • Mikey's Med Student Blog: Simple, straight-to-the-point, but requires another name change after I graduate.
  • Mikey's Fashion Blog: This will focus my blog around reviewing all the latest fashions in hospital wear. Advantage: Mikey models designer scrubs for the world to see. Disadvantage: Same.
  • Mikey's Blog (Brought To You By Stratagene): Just kidding ;)
  • Life with Mikey: Writings on life with yours truly by Hank the Surly Penguin.
Suggestions and votes may be submitted through the 'Comments' link of this post. Everyone gets one vote. Except for me - I get 5000 votes. The writer of the winning title gets the original 'Hank the Surly Penguin' sketch.

21 Comments:

Blogger thekatster said...

hey mikey - I like the first one, actually.

ciao

1:42 PM  
Blogger Tallyflute said...

"Hey, Mikey Likes It"

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Ooh, and Dancewriter leaps into the lead!!! :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

"How Mikey screws up people's health"

4:22 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

"Mikey, MD/PHD. The slash = awesomeness."

4:22 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

"Mikey MD+PHD...It's like Voltron Beeyatch"

4:23 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

"Mikey's clinical blog. Clincal?? I thought you said Cynical."

4:25 PM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

I thought everyone got only one vote, DAVE! ;) J/K. I cast my lot (being a big fan of horror, and imagining the horror Mikey's about to unleash on the world of sickies out there) with the following:

Mike of the Living Blog

Although, I love Dancewriter's contribution, and hope it is prophetic, it may just be too early to say, yes?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Dave gets more than one vote because, let's face it, he lives too far away for me to do anything. The same goes for the katser and for Dancewriter.

You, on the other hand, live nearby, so if you overstep your one-vote boundary, well, I can't put you in a choke hold, but I can restock your refrigerator with Pabst Blue Ribbon.

10:40 AM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

10:48 AM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

Even though I fear PBR (maybe more than Yeungling) I have several other suggestions for you. Check it, yo:

Open Mike
Gimme the Mike
How Mike Got the Soap in His Eyes

And my favorite, and I think our winner:
Special Operations: Mike Force

12:44 PM  
Blogger thekatster said...

Dr. LabRat

Plt Outline;Life of a doctor/music lover who, although single, falls for a Hospital Admin's wife and experiences hardships during clinicals/rotations -
??
play on Dr. Zhivago - changed the whole story line - and it might not work because most of it isn't true...but! that's my brain-ooze for the morning.

when I get bored I'll spew some more worthless verbage into the universe. or not.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

So many great choices.

I think Dancewriter's title ("Hey, Mikey Likes It") seems to imply a broader range of content. I like this one a lot.

Dasro's "Mikey's clinical blog. Clincal?? I thought you said Cynical" is great (and probably the most accurate), although may be a bit long.

Kinjo's "Special Operations: Mike Force" has a nice ring, but I'm not sure I can live up to that one :)

And, of course, katster's "Dr. LabRat" with me flirting with the wife of a hospital administrator. I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

1:13 PM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

Although I think campaigning for names would be in bad taste, let me just take the time to mention that if you don't pick my title I WILL SO MAKE YOU MY BITCH!

Ahem!

Excuse me.

Who was that in here? Get away from my computer, you... you... rabscallion! The nerve!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Campaigning for names is totally okay. While I don't respond too well to threats, I will accept bribes.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

In the closest vote EVAR on this blog, Kinjo's title of "Special Operations: Mike Force" wins as the new title of my blog.

Partly because he's going to beat the crap out of me if I don't vote for it. Honorable mentions go out to Dancewriter for "Hey, Mikey Likes It!" and Dasro for the too long title with the word 'cynical' in it.

Thanks for participating, everyone. Kinjo, the portrait of Hank is on its way.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Tallyflute said...

Hey Kinjo, I'm glad Mikey liked it! ;)

I'd have entered a second or third time, but I follow rules. *ahem*

teehee

(I thought about using the other line from that commercial: He won't eat it, he hates everything.)

8:28 AM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

Awwwwwwww. I will never get the 5 minutes that I spent coming up with contributions back now! I am RUINEDDDDDDD.


In other news, good titles from everyone else :). I do like Mike Force, although it makes me think action figure spinoff more than anything ;-).

4:01 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

Also, I implemented the "North carolina blogging rules of multiple submissions to title search contest" Mark VII, section iiib, which, if you read, says that I get as many votes as I like, so there, that's right.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Dancewriter: Be ready for a second chance. There's no guarantee that I'm going to live up to the "Mike Force" title - we may have to rethink the name of the blog and choose something more...appropriate.

Dave: Your suggestions made me laugh. That was worth 5 minutes. Right? Right?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

word.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players