Monday, May 16, 2005

I Can't Work With This!

I dedicated my time today to creating figures for my thesis. However, my drawing program kept on crashing over and over again. I just spent two hours trying to figure out what was wrong, and I think I've figured it out:
  • For quick access, I keep all my thesis dissertation files in a folder on my desktop - this includes both Word master documents, subdocuments, and image files.
  • For quick access, I open the folder and double-click on the desired file. This automatically launches the application.
  • Except with Canvas, which started crashing several weeks ago. Opening the file from within Canvas (File → Open...) also caused the program to shut down.
  • What works: opening the application first, opening the thesis folder, than dragging desired image file onto the canvas of the application window. Opens just fine. Why? Why? WHY?
*******

Now that I have a virtual canvas with which to express my artistic genius, the possibilities are endless. At LAST the world will be able to see my talent!

Raphael's The School of Athens in the Stanza della Segnatura? Michelangelo's fresco of the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel? CAVE PAINTINGS!

Eduard Manet? Vincent van Gogh? NURSERY SCHOOL CRAYON SCRATCH!

BEHOLD! Mikey's freehand depiction of the human genome!



Took merely 30 minutes from concept to visualization, I kid you not.

This one's free. Keep visiting for news about future gallery showings by Yours Truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players