Wednesday, October 13, 2004

What's that smell?

I'd like to share a quote that encompasses my feeling about graduate school thus far. While the character that uttered these words wasn't necessarily talking about graduate school, he might as well have been:

I hate this place. This zoo. This prison. This reality, whatever you want to call it, I can't stand it any longer. It's the smell, if there is such a thing. I feel saturated by it. I can taste your stink and every time I do, I fear that I've somehow been infected by it.

Repulsive, isn't it? I must get out of here. I must get free....
---- Agent Smith, from The Matrix

Yep, graduate school has a smell, too. You know what it is? It's the stench of cardigan sweaters stored in mothballs all summer mixed with the waft of moldy Birkenstocks every time one of these academics walks by. THESE PEOPLE ARE FREAKING DORKS.

Get me the heck out of here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players