Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Schadenfreude, Part II

I don't think His Holiness the Dalai Lama harbors ill feelings towards anyone, even his oppressors. But this passage comes pretty darn close:
We should not seek revenge on those who have committed crimes against us, or reply to their crimes with other crimes. We should reflect that by the law of karma, they are in danger of lowly and miserable lives to come, and that our duty to them, as to every being, is to help them to rise towards Nirvana, rather than let them sink to lower levels of rebirth.
Okay....guess this means I need to rethink my feelings towards Dr. Fenton. Doing so would probably allow me purge myself of all this pent-up animosity I feel towards him - definitely a step I need to take to improve my mental health.

How about this:

"Dear Matthew - you're in danger of being reborn as a slime-secreting, spineless garden slug. You should stop being such a jagoff. Good luck with that."

There. I feel cleansed.

Keywords: matthew, fenton, mucosal, biology, jagoff

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant Mike! I support you on your journey to escape the Wheel of Samsara by crushing Fenton beneath it. I honor the Buddha Nature in you, and LOL at this post.

Namaste,
Bracken

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players