Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Match Day Invades My Dreams

Day-to-day, I am experiencing relatively no anxiety as Match Day approaches. I'm pretty certain I'll match somewhere, and I'll be happy with the result.

"Not so fast!" my sub-conscious interjects, and Of course, my sub-conscious has a different opinion, as demonstrated by a recent dream...

I'm wearing a suit - not the standard issue funeral-like garb medical applicants wear when on interviews. Out of the corner of my eye I see a board with numbered lines on it - apparently Match Day is going to go down like Draft Day. Names that I don't recognize, yet which don't sound entirely unfamiliar, are announced, and these names start taking up the available residency spots on the draft board. Alas, my name is not among those selected for my #1 ranked residency program. The next event is a blur. I find myself now in a different room, holding an envelope. It feels both thick and thin in my hands. Intuitively, I know that my match results are contained within. I open the envelope and unfold the paper. It reads:

"Congratulations! You have matched at your 17th-ranked residency program."

The dream ends.

Very funny, Mr. Sub-Conscious. I only ranked 13 places...

*******

9 days until Match Day!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players