Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Medicine sub-I, Day 2: Long Call

What the heck is long call? On 'call' days we admit patients onto our service. 'Long call' means that we admit patients starting at noon and up until 11 pm or until our team receives the maximum number of patients, whichever happens first.

I received my first patient today. My very own patient! He's my responsibility. I shall call him 'George', and I shall hug him and pet him and squeeze him. Figuratively speaking.

Then my second patient! I shall call him...'Curly,' but no hugging, petting, or squeezing, for he has Strep throat.

My third patient! I'm beating them off with sticks. I shall call her 'Casey', for she was given to me, then abruptly taken away, because she really didn't belong to me in the first place :(

Then I received my real third patient! Yay! I shall call him...'Barfolowmew', for he is vomiting blood, and I shall hug him and pet him and squeeze him, only when he stops vomiting, and not before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players