Monday, October 23, 2006

Medicine Sub-Internship, Day 1

Well, that wasn't so bad. Our team wasn't on call, so I didn't get to pick up any patients. So they sent me home early this afternoon. The resident was fine about it, but said "Your day is going to be really long, tomorrow. Bwahahahahahaha!"

*******
So I've spent the last couple hours touching up my application for residency, plus blowing several more hundred dollars on flight and hotel reservations for when I go to Chicago in December for this really annoying USMLE Step 2 CS exam. In short, it's a test of the medical student's clinical skills with a bunch of standardized patients (read: mediocre actors). And it costs us a fortune. One thousand bucks to take this pass/fail exam plus travel and lodging.

The Step 2 CS has been required for about 3 or 4 years now - if I'd graduated with my original class, I wouldn't have to take it - Damn you dual degree! DAMMMMMNN YOOOOUUUU!! I'm not sure if it's actually been all they've hoped. I'll have to do a little reading - later - to see what The Powers That Be think about this exam.

*******
Right now I'm listening to: 10,000 Hz Legend, Air

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players