Tuesday, March 15, 2005

A Temporary Reprieve


Rachael_saucer
Originally uploaded by ironchefmike.
Where does Mikey go when he's feeling this stressed about writing his thesis stuff? Why, over to a friend who has been through this already. I took a lunch break and visited my friend John. He gave me this piece of advice about writing: "No matter how bad it is, just write it down. Write it all down. You can fix it later."

Hmm...I've heard that advice somewhere before...if only I can remember where...oh yeah, it was me. Looks like I'm a blowhard who can dole out sage advice but who is also pretty lousy at following it. Yep. I rock.

Anyway, I get to spend my lunch hour playing with John's baby daughter, Rachael. Works pretty well as stress relief.

It took about a dozen takes, but I finally got Rachael to smile into the camera. "Rachael loves her Uncle Mikey, isn't that right, Rachael? Coochie coochie coo goo goo gaa gaa da da whoopie coochie coo..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players