Friday, March 11, 2005

Boston Covered in Clouds


Prudential_Cloudy
Originally uploaded by ironchefmike.
This is a view of Boston from my lab. Pointing my camera north, I get a clear view of the modern John Hancock Tower (the very top obscured by cloud cover) and the Old John Hancock Building, just to the right. On top of the Old John Hancock is a weather beacon, which announces approaching weather. A short poem helps us remember the meaning of the signal:

Steady Blue, Clear View
Flashing Blue, Clouds are Due
Steady Red, Rain Ahead
Flashing Red, Snow Instead

PS Can you tell? I just got a new camera - good thing I'm playing with this thing instead of writing my thesis committee report. Yes, Heather, I'm waiting for you to come down here and wrench this thing from my hands. From my Cold. Dead. Hands.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

Nice pic, bud. Glad to see you joining the ranks of the digital photographers :). Look forward to seeing more pics.

12:04 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Thanks! I certainly have some catching up to do. I'm certainly no krystyn...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

She certainly has a fine artistic eye.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still marvelling over the crystal-clear resolution of your lab bench photo. And now I know how you did it!

--Jocelyn

8:33 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Dave: As do you. Maybe having a camera in hand forces you to notice things in greater detail. At least I know I do that now.

Jocelyn: Hiya, sis. If only my lab bench looked that alluring in real life :)

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players