Friday, November 10, 2006

Medicine Sub-I, Day 19: Yet Another Day Off

It only seems like yesterday that I was writing about another day I spent not in the hospital. Dang - this is like the slacker sub-intern schedule.

Anyway, the following is a list of errands I ran on this gorgeous day - 65 degrees in late November - only in Boston....

1. Showered, brushed my teeth, and got morning coffee - c'mon, even off days have to start right.
2. Washed my dress shirts - Ring around the collar, ring around the collar...
3. Changed the oil in my car, and the transmission fluid, and the brake fluid, and... - the grinding and clunking coming from my engine is a signal of something...something not right.
4. Grocery shopping - For there is a limit to how long anyone can live on stale whole wheat tortillas and condiments alone.
5. Agonized about travel plans for interview season - yeah, that's right, no movement here, just stressing out.
6. Studied for Boards - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

*******

A fun interaction yesterday with my 'interesting patient', the one that mocks me for coming in 'late.'

Patient: I really like your shirt/tie combo today.
Mikey: Hey, thanks. I really can't take credit for it, though. The salesperson at Brooks Brothers picked out the tie.
Patient (mocking/spitting): Brooks Brothers?!?! I figured you a little too young to be shopping there.
Mikey: Well, how old do you have to be before you can start shopping at Brooks Brothers?
Patient: Like...near DEAD. That's an old people's store, Mike. You here me? OLD!!


(Note to self: re-assess state of wardrobe.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players