Thursday, November 09, 2006

Medicine Sub-I, Day 18

My sub-internship lasts for another week-and-a-half. However, in 3 days, some of the faces on my team will change. One intern rotates over to the hospital across the campus. The resident will move to the MICU1. The third-year students go who-knows-where? So, as a token of appreciation for the team's work, the attending physician took us all out to dinner before the switch. I arrived at the the restaurant a few minutes later than the rest of the team, and I ended up sitting right next to the attending, I'll call him, oh....'Dr. Stallone'. You should know first that Dr. Stallone is also high up in the Medicine Residency Training program, so I'll most likely be seeing him again when I interview at my own school later next month.

So...what to do when Dr. Stallone is ordering round after round of margaritas?

First round: "Okay, I'll hold myself to one. I have to drive home, after all."
Second round: "Well, it would be rude to refuse a drink from the attending physician."
Third round: "Yes, sir, you're absolutely right, I need another one of these fine concoctions from these very fine people from south of the border."
Fourth round: "Hey! I don't think this floor is made from real volcanic rock2. And are those my pants over there? No, really, Dr. Stallone, I'd be a great addition to your residency program."

Well...I'm anticipating a bit of a hangover tomorrow.


1 Medical Intensive Care Unit
2 However, the guacamole was prepared in a genuine molcajete, a mortar made from volcanic rock.

2 Comments:

Blogger An Adversary said...

Freakin' awesome, brother! Those are the kinds of stories I like to read! Have I mentioned lately that I miss you? =(

5:13 PM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

HASTUR! I could really go for a margarita right about now! Damn your eyes for suggesting it!

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players