Saturday, February 18, 2006

Oh, The Totality!

So...'They' totalled my car. 'They' being the insurance company on the advice of the latest appraiser to take a peak at my car. Mind you, it's a bit of a 'soft' total, as my car is still drivable with a little touch-up paint here and there (plus a brand new front bumper and engine hood).

Apparently I have two options:
  1. Accept the loss and accept the $4.53 for the value of the car, or
  2. Convince the insurance company to 'untotal' the car and let my mechanic get to work.
Well, since I have:
a) not enough money to even think about buying a new/used car,
b) even less time to even think about going car-shopping,
I'm hoping for option #2.

It's been three weeks since the accident, and my car is still sitting in some lot, rusting into nothingness. God, this rental car is costing me a fortune.

2 Comments:

Blogger mikey's sister said...

Um . . . isn't this the part where you (or your insurance company) try to get the person who hit you to pay for the repairs?

or is the other person's insurance company just bigger, better, and smarter than yours?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Actually the other driver and I have the same insurance company. Thing is, if the cost of repairing the damage to the vehicle exceeds the value of the vehicle, then I think they consider the car totalled. It's cheaper for them to pay the owner the value of the car.

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players