Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Conn Man

A note to future third-year medical students: If you don't feel like being placed in the middle of nowhere for a clerkship, do NOT tell the school that you have a car.

My Family Medicine clerkship begins this week, and the program has assigned me to Middletown, Connecticut for six weeks, at a Family Medicine Residency Program. I'm kind of excited about it, actually. I'm all about diversity in one's experiences, so seeing how things are done at a different hospital system should be quite educational. Besides, I expect that the population of suburban Connecticut can be quite diverse. Right? Right???

I'll have my camera in tow so hopefully I can post some pictures of the local flora and fauna of this remote part of the country.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tallyflute said...

Isn't Middletown where Wesleyan University it? If so, it's actually a cute and quite cool litle town. They have a tibetan restaurant, some neat galleries, and a great vegetarian restaurant. I think you might actually enjoy it. :)

Glad you're back!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

'Tis exactly where it is. I haven't been able to explore the town yet, as it's too freaking cold. I hope to get out there soon, though, once I bring down some warmer clothes.

ztwqxzs

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As your brother-in-law and as someone who's gone back and forth on the I-84 / I-90 corridor through Connecticut about fourteen thousand times in my life, I say to you: remember to buy gas in Massachusetts at the Sturbridge exit.

Good luck, Mike... Joceyln and I would have been proud of you if you had become a painter.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Thanks, Peter.

See you at Christmas

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players