Friday, April 08, 2005

Miserere mei, doctor philosophiæ

Emboldened by Mike's relinquishing the reins of his blog, I choose this opportunity to come clean regarding a matter that has been weighing heavily upon my conscience for several seconds now. Thus, as the first guest poster on Mikey's Lab Blog, I issue this limited mea culpa and pray forgiveness for my transgressions.

You see, I was complicit in the activity which is probably partially to blame to a de minimus extent for Mike missing the first of his self imposed deadlines, and accept responsibility for at least a tiny tiny portion of his dilatoriness. Maybe a paragraph's worth. (How fast can you write Mike?)

Irrespective of his speed as a writer, yesterday I entertained Mike's spiritual weakness and accompanied him to lunch when I should have dropped the hammer and declined his invitation (although, in my defense, I did not eat anything myself). Alas, however, I am a bad influence, and saw this as an opportunity to improve my own social prospects for the afternoon.

Fearing the emptiness that is my own soul, I dragged Mike on an excursion down Newbury Street looking at used CDs and action figures. I even encouraged him, based upon my favorable review, to buy the Family Style CD by Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughn (likely to further distract him from writing due to all of the air guitar he's undoubtedly been playing) knowing full well that the posthumously released In the Beginning by a solo Stevie is a far superior record. OH GOD! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

I therefore offer this commination of my sins as penitence for leading my brother astray:

I acknowledge and bewail my manifold sins and wickedness, Which I, from time to time, most grievously have committed, by thought, word and deed, against thy Divine PhD Dissertation. Provoking most justly thy wrath and indignation against me. To the extent that you spent your weekend pursuing your Divine Works when you could have been supplicating at the altar of the XBox instead, I beseech thee, mercifully hear my prayer, and spare all those who confess their sins unto thee (uh, that means ME, if I'm being a little too vague for your liking); that I, by thy merciful PhD, may be absolved.

Amen.

Oh wait. You don't mind that I just ratted you out for playing hookey yesterday, do you?

6 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

Tattle-tale!!!!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

My conscience couldn't withstand the burden. Or something like that.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

I'm so disappointed...we just can't trust anyone to keep Mike on track here.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Thanks for pointing that out, Dave. Why put so much pressure on myself when I can blame everybody else?

What's wrong with you people???

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see. Spring is in the air, therefore you missed your deadline. If you really need a kick in the pants, give me a call this weekend, and I'll make the conversation all about _me _and _my problems,_ (yes, I'm too lazy to learn html) and, having been no help at all, you'd rather pound out that first draft than listen to your little sister gripe about the weather in Seattle.

Don't ever say I wasn't there for you.

Jocelyn

12:28 AM  
Blogger Dave (Dasro) said...

Ahh, Mike, now you've hit on what seems to be the american way...there's always someone else to blame :).

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players