Thursday, June 16, 2005

Mikey's Thesis Committee Meeting #3: A Recap by Hank

Hi,

Hank here. Well, Mike's a little comatose, having pulled an all-nighter plugging away at his dissertation. Probably not such a good idea, considering the committee meeting scheduled for this afternoon. Apparently he thought he could handle it, getting to the gym at 6AM this morning, and somehow, despite a 3-week absence from cardiovascular exercise, avoiding yet another heart attack. Obviously he got a little cocky, as I caught him cat-napping in front of his laptop around 9ish.

Mike's preparation for the meeting was minimal - he was able to put together his presentation in about 10 minutes, but just in case, he decided to print handouts for his committee. Of course, the printer failed. Again and again. Don't know how that could happen. Wasn't me.

By the time he finished printing, everyone on the committee who could attend was there. Mike presented his data. The committee nodded, made some suggestions, then formally told him to start writing his thesis. Yeah, I know. Could you imagine the state of this blog if Mikey truly started to write his thesis just now? Anyway, he should be able to hand in his final section on Monday the 20th, then give the entire dissertation to his second reader by Thursday, June 23rd.

Yeah, I didn't think it would happen either.

*******

Right now I'm listening to: Mikey talking to himself in his sleep.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

-jocelyn

11:58 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

YEAH!!!

Thanks, guys. Go MEDIOCRITY!!! I guess my first advisor had it right...

1:08 PM  
Blogger An Adversary said...

It bears repeating - you don't need to write the single best dissertation ever conceived by Man - just one good enough for your committee to sign off on. Keep plugging, Mike. You know what they say, you know what they call the guy who graduates last in his class from medical school?

Doctor.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Er, thanks. I get it. Except I think I have a shot at not graduating in last place in my medical school class.

:)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players