Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You know you've made it when...

What did I do during my first official day as a physician? Why, more orientation in my new hospital, of course! Still, a few things happened today that made me feel a little closer to being a real doctor.
  • Receiving my stack of prescriptions for narcotics.
  • Getting arterial blood from one of my patients, first try, first stick.
But most of all, I know I've arrived because I've got my very own personal bottle of developing solution for the fecal occult blood test. Now if only they'd give us some gloves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nitsirk said...

I start my job on Monday, I hope my orientation is a little less umm.....intense! Sounds hot there, get yourself a woodah ice and cool off! Or come visit me in Portland, I think the high is supposed to be 70 next week :)

5:07 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

What's woodah ice????

Yes, it's a bit humid down here, but I'm not complaining because I've got feeling it's going to get much worse.

On the other hand, I think up in Portland, you need to get used to Moxie. It's like 1,000,000 parts sugar to 1 part water.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


MP3 Players